Koh Phi Phi (or Ko Phi Phi) is one of the most famous archipelagos in Thailand, with beautiful beaches, great walks and lots of entertainment. Knowing how to enjoy the islands that make up Koh Phi Phi is easy. It’s really hard to know where to stay on Koh Phi Phi.
First, it is important to understand that the islands that make up Koh Phi Phi only Koh Phi Phi Don is inhabited and that’s where you’ll stay.
In Koh Phi Phi Don there are hostels, hotels and resorts, that is, different types of accommodation for different audiences and pockets.
However, as it is a very famous and popular island, accommodation prices are more expensive than in other regions of Thailand.
Finding a cheap hotel in Ko Phi Phi with good quality is not an easy task and, in general, accommodation is not excellent, even if it is expensive.
In today’s post, we present the best beaches on where to stay on Koh Phi Phi and suggestions for hostels, guesthouses, hotels and resorts with good value for money.
Check out the post and the many tips on where to stay in Koh Phi Phi, Thailand!
Where to stay on Koh Phi Phi
- Downtown Region, Vila Tonsai: with several bars, restaurants and inns
- Long Beach: the best beach near downtown Koh Phi Phi. It has several inns.
- Laem Tong: isolated region with several resorts.
- Phi Phi Island Village Beach: best resort on the island.
Koh Phi Phi Don Center – Tonsai Village
The downtown area of Koh Phi Phi Don is formed by the Tonsai Village, the pier and the dull beaches, especially at low tide.
Staying in any area of Tonsai guarantees easy access to bars, restaurants and tours to other parts of the island and the archipelago. Hence, the center is the majority’s answer on where to stay on Koh Phi Phi.
As the heart of Koh Phi Phi’s nightlife, Tonsai Village has areas with lots of parties and bars, especially in the summer. If you like quiet, make sure the noise issue in the chosen hotel, because it is quite common.
To the budget travelers and for those who prefer good location, the best area to stay in Koh Phi Phi is downtown. In the center are the cheapest hotels, such as hostels and pensions.
Below is our selection of cheap Ko Phi Phi Don hotels with the best quality. They are very simple accommodations, but they are the best in the “cheap hotel” niche.
- B Place Guesthouse: bed in dormitory. Rates from US$ 13. B Place Guesthouse offers the Koh Phi Phi’s Best Dorm Accommodation, because the shared room has only 6 beds available. Most hostels on Koh Phi Phi are full of beds. In addition, B Place Guesthouse has a good location.
- Rc Guest House: double room. Rates from US$ 22. Rc Guest House is a very simple guesthouse, but with cheap rates. Its super central location brings ease as well as noise at night. The friendly service is one of the highlights.
- Phi Phi Inn: double room. Rates from US$32. Phi Phi Inn is a simple guesthouse, but with spacious and comfortable rooms. Without breakfast, but with an excellent location, the pension is good for the budget price range, but it is a simple accommodation.
In our opinion, it’s better to stay in a small, simple guesthouse than a hostel on Ko Phi Phi, due to the party and excitement atmosphere. Sharing a room with drunk people is not a good idea. Here’s the tip!
With a looser budget, between 50-60 US dollars a day, you can find better hotels, with breakfast, and even simple bungalows.
Below are our suggestions for accommodations in downtown Koh Phi Phi that are quality and not expensive. In fact, in the center of Koh Phi Phi there is not an expensive accommodation that is worth the price paid. Check out our suggestions:
- Panmanee Hotel: double room. Rates from US$40. The Panmanee Hotel is a good quality hotel in Koh Phi Phi and value for money that pays off. This is because the accommodations are new and the location is good.
- Papaya Phi Phi Resort: double room. Rates from US$ 45. Escaping the noise that can exist in the region, Papaya Phi Phi Resort is located in a high part of the island, with incredible views, but also with a great climb. There is breakfast and the rooms are simple but well decorated.
- Phi Phi Andaman Beach Resort: double room. Rates start at US$50. Phi Phi Andaman Beach Resort is a simple resort with beautiful views of Tonsai Village. Despite being in the center, the resort is about 10 minutes from the noisiest area, ideal for those who want more tranquility.
Another option on where to stay on Phi Phi is Long Beach, the best beach on the island that is close to downtown. A half-hour walk connects Long Beach to downtown. By boat, it is just a few minutes to the pier.
Long Beach is a good place to stay on Koh Phi Phi for those who seek peace and enjoy the beautiful beach, but do not want to be so far from Vila Tonsai and its bars and restaurants.
Long Beach accommodations are basically resorts. But not all resorts are Resorts with a capital letter, that is, with luxury. There are accommodations with bungalows that are simple, but bear the name resort.
Among the hotels and resorts in Long Beach, we highlight the following:
- Viking Nature Resort: double room. Rates from US$50. Located at the beginning of Long Beach, Viking Nature Resort is close to downtown, with the option of walking or boating. Its accommodations are cabins between the forest and the sea, but with comfort, including a restaurant. This accommodation offers good value for money for those looking for peace and quiet on Koh Phi Phi.
- Phi Phi The Beach Resort: double room. Rates start at $100. Phi Phi The Beach Resort overlooks the incredible ocean of Long Beach. With comfortable accommodation, the views stand out further. Visitors complain about the service at the resort, which should be more attentive. Customer service on Koh Phi Phi is usually not good.
Laem Tong is an isolated region of Koh Phi Phi, very different from the hustle and bustle of Tonsai Village. Only accessible by boat, Laem Tong is ideal for those who want contact with nature and tranquility.
Furthermore, Laem Tong is made up of resorts (not necessarily luxury), which provide everything the traveler needs, that is, there is little infrastructure outside the resorts. This is a destination for travelers who want peace.
Check out some options for resorts in Laem Tong on Koh Phi Phi Don below.
- Phi Phi Natural Resort: double room. Rates from US$ 65. Located in a very quiet area of Koh Phi Phi, the Natural Resort has bungalows overlooking the sea, in addition to well-decorated and comfortable rooms.
- PP Erawan Palms Resort: double room. Rates from US$75. With new and older accommodations, PP Erawan has a beautiful view of the sea. Breakfast is one of the positives.
- Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island: Bungalow. Rates start at US$125. With bungalows close to the beach, the Holiday Inn is the best resort in the area.
The Best Resort on Koh Phi Phi
For nature lovers who want total tranquilitythere are areas on Koh Phi Phi Don that are well reserved and preserved.
The southeastern coast of the island is an example of a place to stay on Koh Phi Phi, far from the center, but with lots of nature and relaxation.
It is in this region that the best resort on Koh Phi Phi is located, the Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort.
With a bungalow option starting at US$ 225, Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort is located on a beautiful beach and has modern accommodations. Ideal for honeymooners or families, there are restaurants, a bar and tours organized by the Resort.
Map with hotels in Koh Phi Phi Don
Another accommodation tip on Koh Phi Phi is to look for rooms, studios or apartments on Airbnb, a site with several cool options at good prices.
booking by our Airbnb link (click here)you get BRL 130 credits for your first Airbnb stay.
If you book your accommodation through the Booking links in the post or through the banner on the website, you help the Digital Nomad Guide, but you don’t pay a penny more for it. Thank you!
Did you like the tips on where to stay on Koh Phi Phi? So, check out more at episode of the Chat Travel Podcast about Koh Phi Phi!
Have a nice trip, Traveler!
Use our Booking link to get the best deals on hotels, inns and hostels.
Booking offers many advantages: low prices, free cancellation of reservations, no reservation fee is charged and payment is usually made only at the time of check-in or check-out at the accommodation.
Found a hotel but not sure if it’s well located? Take the guesswork out with this free tool. She will analyze the location, according to a specific methodology, and assign a grade.
It is worth saying that the best possible area to stay is that pleasant, safe area, with access to public transport, restaurants and close to the main tourist attractions.
The Hotel Selector is an online tool, completely free of charge, that selects the hotels, hostels, apartments, inns and farm hotels most suited to the traveler’s profile. Through a mathematical method, the Hotel Selector discovers the perfect hotels for you in any city in the world.
The only thing that travelers should do is list (from 1 to 5) their priorities in relation to the characteristics of the hotels. What is the order of importance of hotel features for the traveler? For example: better location, lower price, higher quality, more reserved and hotel size.
Rentcars is a price comparison tool to find the best car rental rate in over 140 countries.
There are several advantages to using the service: there is no IOF charge, you can pay in installments, there are many rental companies compared and there is no charge for issuing your reservation.
In addition, by default are included in Rentcars daily rates: free mileage, basic protection and the rental company’s administrative fees.
Confused about which travel insurance to buy? SegurosPromo is a travel insurance comparator that helps you find the best prices from the main insurers.
Use our link to get the lowest prices, as well as the NOMADEDIGITAL5 discount coupon to get 5% off.
The Chat Travel Podcast is a free audio travel guide about various destinations we know.
We tell you about our experience in the cities and give you tips on where to stay, best time to travel, attractions and much more.
You know when you use a travel checklist and find that your luggage is missing some items?
We have selected important products that we use and recommend that you take with you on your trip. They are featured in the Traveler’s Shop