Check out the neighborhood tips and the best hotels in Vienna and find out all about where to stay in Vienna, Austria!
Viennais one of the most must-see European capitals.With grand museums, imperial palaces and a beautiful Historic Center, the city only raises doubts about where to stay in Vienna.
The most logical answer is the Historic Center, but there are several neighborhoods to stay in Vienna.In this post, we’re going to present these neighborhoods in detail and show you worthwhile hotel options in each one.
Where to stay in Vienna
Innere Stadt – Vienna’s Old Town
Vienna’s first district is the Innere Stadt, the most historic area the majority of tourist attractions.
From a location point of view, the best place to stay in Vienna is the Innere Stadt.
This is where the traveler find the Opera, St. Stephen’s Cathedral (Stephansdom) and the Hofburg (Imperial Palace).Staying in the Historic Center allows you to see everything on foot, a great advantage for those who have only a few days in Vienna.
Despite the positive aspects, there are some caveats, such as the fact that it is a very busy area in the summer. , not being suitable for those traveling by car and having more expensive daily rates than in other districts of the city.
For those who want to stay in the historic center of Vienna and are looking for hotels with good prices, the tip is Book your accommodation in advance, as there are many hotels in this district.
Check below where to stay in Vienna at Innere Stadt:
- Pension Dr.Geissler: Double room with shared bathroom from €50. Pension Dr.Geissler is a simple but well located hostel in the center of Vienna.The rooms are not big, but they are well equipped.
- Hotel Am Schubertring: double room starting at €60. The Hotel Am Schubertring is located close to the Ringstrasse and the Opera.The hotel is not luxurious, but it has good sized rooms.The location is the strong point.In the same price range, there is the Pension Neuer Markt, a hotel in the heart of the Innere Stadt.
- Ruby Lissi Hotel Vienna: double room from €85. The Ruby Lissi Hotel Vienna is good value for money for the area.With discreetly decorated modern rooms and a good location, Ruby Lissi Hotel Vienna is a great choice for where to stay in Vienna.In the same price range, there is the aparthotelAppartement-Hotel an der Riemergasse.
- Hotel Am Parkring: double room starting at €90. Located opposite the Stadtpark, the Hotel Am Parkring is an excellent accommodation, with beautiful views of the city and friendly service.
- Das Opernring Hotel: double room starting at €100. Located opposite the famous Vienna State Opera, easy to get around to sights and nightlife areas, Das Opernring Hotel also stands out for its great breakfast.In the same price range, there is the classic and charming Arthotel ANA Amadeus.
- Hotel Kaiserin Elisabeth: double room starting at €130. The Hotel Kaiserin Elisabeth is located in the heart of Vienna , a few meters from the Cathedral.The hotel is charming and very clean, with classic decor.
- Steigenberger Hotel Herrenhof: double room starting at €140. For those looking for a modern hotel with impeccable service, the Steigenberger Hotel Herrenhof is a great choice on where to stay in Vienna.
- Hotel König von Ungarn: double room from €170. The Hotel König von Ungarn is super centrally located and features decor that recalls the old imperial city.
- The Guesthouse Vienna: double room starting from €185.With a daily rate of around €250, travelers can choose between the contemporary The Ritz-Carltonor the classic Hotel Imperial.The luxurious Hotel Sacher Wienand Park Hyatt Viennahave a double room starting at €350.
The daily rates mentioned in this post say with regard to the non-summer months and booking accommodation in advance.
Leopoldstadt is separated from the Innere Stadt only by the Danube River channel, with several charming bridges connecting them.
Leopoldstadt is a neighborhood with good restaurants, but quieter than the central districts.There are even large parks, great for hot weather and long days.
Leopoldstadt’s hotel chain is far from being one of the most developed in Vienna, but it has good value for money hotels, including budget hotels. .
The sophisticated Sofitel Vienna Stephansdomis also located in the neighbourhood, with rates starting at €200.
Check out where to stay in Vienna at Leopoldstadt below:
- Meininger Hotel Wien Downtown Sissi: Double room from €40 a night. The Meininger Hotel Wien Downtown Sissi is good value for money, especially for budget travellers.The hotel is close to the centre, both for those walking and for those who want to use the metro.
- Austria Classic Hotel Wien: double room from €60. The Austria Classic Hotel Wien has a good structure and allows easy access to public transport, making it a good option for a cheap hotel to stay in Vienna.For those looking for a cozy and charming guesthouse, in addition to being well located, it is worth visiting the Graetzlhotel Karmelitermarkt.
- Das Capri: double room starting at €75. Das Capri is a hotel that is very worthwhile, because it has modern rooms with adequate structure, its location is good and the prices are worth it.In the same price range, there is the popular Motel One Wien-Prater, farther from the centre.
- Hotel Stefanie: double room starting at €85. The Hotel Stefanie is located just a few minutes’ walk from the Innere Stadt and is a traditional hotel of high quality.
Landstrasse is the third district, southeast of the Old Town.The neighborhood has beautiful buildings, but it is not the most popular neighborhood in the city.
The main positive point of Landstrasse is its location, allowing you to visit several tourist attractions on foot and with easy access to public transport (tram and metro). ).
The Landstrasse hotel chain is made up of traditional hotels, but they are not old hotels.Even the hostels located in century-old buildings have a good structure.
Check out where to stay in Vienna in the Landstrasse district below:
- Hotel Pension Bosch: double room with shared bathroom from € 50. Hotel Pension Bosch is a well-located guesthouse on the outskirts of Belvedere Palace.With classically decorated rooms, good service and praised breakfast, Hotel Pension Bosch is a good choice for where to stay in Vienna.
- NH Wien Belvedere: Double room from €70 a night. The NH Wien Belvedere is a simple hotel, without luxury, but with good accommodation.Its proximity to the center is another plus.
- Ruby Sofie Hotel Vienna: double room from €80 a night. Ruby Sofie Hotel Vienna has modern, well-decorated accommodation in a good location.
- Austria Trend Hotel Savoyen Vienna: double room from €95. The Austria Trend Hotel Savoyen Vienna is a traditional hotel with good-sized rooms.Its location is good, close to the Belvedere Palace and with easy access to the centre.
- Spiess & Spiess Hotel: double room from €110. The Spiess & Spiess Hotel has excellent quality, whether in discreetly, for breakfast or in a location very close to a metro station.
Wieden is the district next to Landstrasse, separated by the Belvedere Palace and its gardens.
The location of the district is very good, between the center and the station Central Station (Wien Hauptbahnhof), as well as being very close to the Museum Quarter.
The most touristy area is in the surrounding Karlsplatz, a short walk from the Old Town.One of the most sophisticated hotels in Wieden is located in this exact area, the Hotel Kaiserhof Wien, with a daily rate from €140, excellent structure and classic decor.
However, the further you go. to the district, the more the traveler perceives the young atmosphere of the place, with restaurants of various types, contemporary art galleries and good cafes to enjoy the end of the afternoon or the beginning of the day.In other words, Wieden is a neighborhood with a life of its own.
As for the hotel chain, you can find hotels with good prices and quality.Check out some hotels on where to stay in Vienna in the Wieden district below:
- Novum Hotel Prinz Eugen: double room from €50. The Novum Hotel Prinz Eugen has a simple structure, but it is a well maintained and well located hotel, close to the Central Train Station.The service and breakfast are also praised.
- Austria Trend Hotel bein Theresianum Wien: double room from €60. The Austria Trend Hotel bein Theresianum Wien belongs to the Austria chain.The hotel’s structure is good, but simple, but offers good value for money.
- Hotel Erzherzog Rainer: double room starting at €70. A few minutes’ walk from Karlsplatz, Hotel Erzherzog Rainer It has a classically decorated atmosphere, but it has a good structure, making it a good option for where to stay in Vienna.Saint Shermin bed breakfast & champagne is a boutique hotel with a great location.The decor and cozy, modern atmosphere are highly praised.
The region west of the Museum Quarteris a great place to stay in Vienna.In this region are the neighborhoods of Neubau and Mariahilf.Let’s treat this whole area as Neubau, because Mariahilf is quite small and blends in geographically with the neighboring district.
Neubau is one of the trendiest neighborhoods in Vienna, with several art galleries and boutique stores, most notably to the Mariahilferstrasse shopping street.Nightlife and restaurants of all kinds abound, making it a great neighborhood for young people.
The hotel chain in the district is quite diverse, as you can see in the list of hotels where to stay in Vienna in the Neubau district:
- Kolping Wien Zentral: double room starting at €50. The Kolping Wien Zentral has a great location, close to the museums, and good prices, making it a great option for budget travellers.The hotel is simple, but with good accommodation.
- Hotel ViennArt am Museumsquartier: double room from €65. Hotel ViennArt am Museumsquartier stands out for its location, very close to the Museum Quarter.
- Hotel Savoy Garni: double room from €80. Hotel Savoy Garni is located in the heart of Neubau, with easy access to shops and public transport.The hotel has comfortable, classically decorated accommodation.
- Ruby Marie Hotel Vienna: double room from €80 a night. Ruby Marie Hotel Vienna is a modern hotel option between the Wien Westbahnhof Train Station and the Mariahilferstrasse shopping street.
- 25hours Hotel beim MuseumsQuartier: double room from €90. great location.In the same price range and also well located, there is the Hotel Beethoven Wien.
- Boutiquehotel Das Tyrol: double room starting at €115. Boutiquehotel Das Tyrol is a super comfortable close to the Museum Quarter.The atmosphere of the boutique hotel is classic, but with quality accommodations.
- Small Luxury Hotel Altstadt Vienna: double room starting at €140. The Small Luxury Hotel Altstadt Vienna is also a well-located and comfortable hotel , but it has more modern rooms.
- Hotel Sans Souci Wien: double room starting at €235. The Hotel Sans Souci Wien is luxurious, with beautifully decorated accommodation and an excellent location.
Other neighborhoods to stay in Vienna