[atualizado julho/21] The Pedra Bonita RJ Trail is a wonderful program in the city of Rio de Janeiro. A contact with nature of easy access and low degree of difficulty, perfect for those who want to do an ecological and sports activity in Rio.
The invitation from Rio Ecoesporte
I was invited to do this tour with Rio Ecoesporte, a company specialized in adventure tours and river tourism in general. All with professional guides and own transport (if necessary). A serious and responsible job.
By the way, Rio Ecoesporte is doing a very interesting work called Mateiros: trails with voluntary remuneration for the guide (that is, pay as much as you want).
Check out the Rio Ecoesporte tour schedule.
I took this tour in company with the people from the blogs Chicas Lokas, Olivia Garimpando por Aí, Viagens Bacanas and Fora da Toca. Our group was accompanied by the friendly guide Robson, who gave a class on nature and information about the city.
Note that it is possible to do the Pedra Bonita RJ trail on your own.
Its difficulty level is medium, considering that it is practically all uphill.
About the Pedra Bonita Trail Rio de Janeiro
The Pedra Bonita Trail is part of the Tijuca Forest National Park. It is considered difficulty level 2.
Its administration is carried out by ICMBio in conjunction with the Brazilian Association of Free Flight.
There is also access to the free flight ramp for hang gliding and paragliding.
The vegetation is Atlantic Forest and its highest point is 696m above sea level.
The walk along the Pedra Bonita RJ Trail
Access to the trail is via Estrada das Canoas, in São Conrado. There is a sign and a guardhouse signaling.
After the access entrance gate, there is a steep climb to the car park. There is a support tent that sells drinks and some very simple snacks and a bathroom.
From this parking there are two options: the entrance to the Pedra Bonita trail or another climb to access the free flight ramp.
The trail itself takes about 40 minutes (round trip) if there are no stops. It is well demarcated and of earth, with some stretches with stones. If there is rain, there will be mud and it will be slippery. Be careful not to take a tumble!
The path is a very easy climb, but it is not recommended for those with reduced mobility. Some animals and birds can be seen.
From up there we have an amazing view of Rio!
We see the South and West Zone and its stunning beauty. Christ the Redeemer, Lagoa, Pedra da Gávea, beaches and much more.
Tips for doing the Pedra Bonita RJ Trail
Some basic tips to make sure everything goes well with your tour:
- bring water to drink during the trail.
- use repellent (essential!).
- Don’t forget to wear sunscreen and a hat or cap to protect yourself.
- wear sneakers or hiking shoes. No Hawaiians!
- on a day after rain, be careful when walking, because the trail will be muddy and slippery.
- don’t go alone. As simple as any trail is, it is important to always be accompanied in this type of activity.
- load your garbage. No dirtying the forest, right?
- do not remove vegetation or damage plants. Remember: it is a park that must be preserved.
- do not feed the animals. The monkeys are cute. The birds ditto. But none of them should eat our food. We cannot interfere with the ecosystem.
- Bring a cell phone or camera to capture the look.
Some more information about the Pedra Bonita Rio de Janeiro Trail
- address: Estrada das Canoas, São Conrado.
- how to get: public transport is difficult. Best by car, taxi or uber.
- time: daily from 8 am to 5 pm (6 pm in daylight saving time). It is only allowed to start the trail until 2 pm.
- value: free of charge
- site: Parquenacionaldatijuca.rio
- unmissable: the view of Rio de Janeiro from the top of Pedra da Gávea, at the end of the trail.
Conclusion: a pleasant tour in Rio de Janeiro
For those who like to walk around Rio de Janeiro and have contact with Nature, visiting the Pedra Bonita trail is a great opportunity. Trust me!
This tour was courtesy of Rio Ecoesporte. The post reflects only my opinions.
DISCOUNT COUPON: see discounts here to organize your trip.
When purchasing health insurance, see our partnership with SegurosPromo. With the coupon LETSFLYAWAY5 you will still have 5% off.
If you need a hotel, use our partnership with Booking.
To buy tickets for attractions and tours, see our partnership with Civitatis.
If you want to rent a car, check with our Rentcars partnership.
Check out the Let’s Fly Away travel shop or use our Amazon partnership directly.
Save our pin to your Pinterest! 🙂
Did you like our tip about the Pedra Bonita RJ Trail? Leave your comments!